XR – Extended Reality
One of the great promises and at the same time one of the main focus areas is bridging of digital/cyber/virtual and physical worlds. Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality are used in several sectors and contexts, from consumer applications to manufacturers, as manufacturers increase their digital transformation effort on the strategic path.
The simulation models and the use of augmented reality can speed up the entire production chain, in combination with the right data, starting from the use of AR and VR in virtual design. AR can be extensively used in the maintenance of the production chain or maintenance of the equipment in the utilities industry.
Use cases include machining and production, education and collaboration, factory planning, assembly, security, testing and digital prototyping, to name a few. By 2021, the majority of AR/VR spending will be for industrial maintenance.
In operations, with the proper equipment and solutions service people, factory staff and logistics staff can perform their tasks better if they have the information they need in front of their eyes. Process manufacturing training, assembly and safety are among the main use cases of VR and AR.
RISE is focused on next-gen immersive visualization technologies with optimized integration capabilities to transform and drive business performance. Our Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), Mixed Reality (MR) Extended Reality (XR) solutions offer the following business value drivers.
- Are both flexible and targeted, extending the enterprise to leverage digital technologies for targeted personnel, including field technicians, support teams, or critical operations workers.
- Deliver a highly collaborative experience, providing co-presence and a persistence-based model, offering unique opportunities to enhance worker productivity, share knowledge while leveraging cutting-edge technology to enhance the overall experience for teams, customers, and business partners.
- Emphasize Micro Apps, Micro Sites, Micro Services, and Micro Learning approaches that create an amazing experience across many platforms.
- Couple extensive data and content services, and fully integrate that content into enterprise software and SCADA systems.
- Offer options to extend the platform to either on-premise or cloud solution with cross-device and cross-platform solutions.
- Leverage a standards-based approach such as Common Information Model, Multispeak, SCORM XAPI, REST / ODATA / SOAP / ETL-based services for solving complex problems, with demonstrated success and industry expertise including: Aeronautics, Industrial, Wholesale and Distribution, Utilities, Power Generation and Energy.
All combined, RISE solutions offer an incredible opportunity for businesses to leverage this technology into their Enterprise portfolio for an incremental investment without the burden of complex IT projects.